Honorable Mentions

 This entry introduces a few other projects where I can't show actual pages, but are kinda important for my progress.


1 - Yoko


This was actually the very first manga-style story I ever drew. I drew most of it at school, much to the  joy of my teachers (not...). It was heavily influenced by Sailor Moon, and had various attempts of creating my own magical girls with fancy costumes and hero names. There were also many, many manga pages with different short stories. I'm not sure if I still have some of these pages, I lost quite a bit of my old work during a flood that affected our house.


2 - Dilayla


I think this was the first of my stories that already showed my artistical direction. I started it in 1998 and it became a series with 5 shorter stories until 2001. It was a vampire story with (unconscious) Girls Love referring. The story was concluded with a bit more than 200 pages. It already showed my preference for darker themes, gothic and vampires.
I still completely have this story, which was drawn traditionally.


3 - Felicitas


Felicitas never made it to a fully drawn story. It's origins are much older - originally this was a novel series that I wrote since 1994, after I've read and watched Felidae. This was my biggest influence to start writing my own stories, so Felicitas was also a cat crime novel, which I made a series, and later I just tried to make the characters human and draw a manga with them. This never worked, but the story itself was my actual start to create longer, serious stories.
I still have the novels which I mainly wrote with a typewriter from my grandpa. ^^"


4 - Eternity


Eternity was originally a prequel for Dilayla, but developed its own storyline. You can find a remake of it in this blog (the plot is very different to the original though...). The orignal story was my first BL manga, the first where I had male protagonists. It was a dark, gothic-influenced vampire story and also a completed story with two parts. I still have this story completely, which was drawn traditionally.


5 - Poison


Poison was a one-shot story, completed. It was supposed to be an alternative story to Eternity, but I changed the characters and made an independent story of it. This already shows that I have a tendency to make alternative versions, and create new characters directly from old ones. This story also already showed a strong Visual Kei influence. Most of this story was drawn with pencils, and later I erased the pages/reused the backsides for other stories, so it doesn't really exist anymore. ^^" It had around 90 pages.


6 - Endless Dark


Endless Dark is another example of an alternative version of other stories. It was made of an alternative idea I originally had for Gabor, where he became a singer as a human. In this story, his name became Apophis, and I also added a vampire/demon possession theme to it. This plot was kinda chaotic with no real ending, but it was the predecessor for Kazuki's story. Like Poison, this was drawn with pencils, and I reused the pages for other stuff later, so I don't have it anymore. It had around 70 pages.


7 - House of Sorrows


Probably my most long-term WIP. A project that never really came to life, but I repeatedly tried to make it a full story. A plot for it exists, and I worked on it occasionally between 2006 and 2023, but never managed to draw more than 5 pages. It's a project that I can still imagine to draw one day, a classical horror-/ghost story influenced by many things that I love, like old ghost stories, classical b/w horror movies, lost places. This is why I still mention it, even though I never managed to create much for it.


8 - Hell Awaits Thee


This was also just a very short project idea, my first attempt of making a dystopian story, and the predecessor of MÆIN, which I tried to draw much later. This one also had demons and was influenced by (old/military) industrial music a lot.


9 - Song of Delusion


This was the predecessor of ALoFD, the first longer crossover of Gab's and Keith's stories, or rather, an alternative ending of the original crossover which ended with Keith's death. I do still have this story digitally, it has around 40 pages, but it's very, very dark and destructive (much more than ALoFD itself!), and I'm not really comfortable with sharing it. Anyway, it was the base for ALoFD, and generally the idea to give Keith and Gab their own, individual story from the start.


10 - Demoralized/A Lament of Fallen Devils V1


The very first version of ALoFD, which I don't wanna post anywhere anymore. Its original title was Demoralized, which was created at a time when I didn't know yet that this'd become my main project for the next 10+ years. After Song of Delusion, I just roughly sketched a "real" plot for an independent story with Gab and Keith as main characters. It started right in the middle of the plot, it was chaotic and messy. You can find the next two versions of it in this archive, and the newest version on my homepage. ALoFD had many remakes, and even more partial remakes, so this mention is for the first version only. I restarted the story in 2017 (in this archive as V2), but only partially, and still continued the original version until the restart from 2019 (in this archive as V3). In the 2019 version, you can still see very old chapters that I drew in 2016, because I drew the remake of the beginning simultaneously to the continuation, but never managed to catch up. So the beginning is newer than the end, and it's an overall mess tbh. This is one of the reasons why I started from scratch again, this and some plot changes that I made. This is by far my longest and most complex project ever. Important note: If you read the new version, you don't have to know any of the old versions! I just keep them to document my progress, and to save the comments (the old versions had some really beautiful, long comments ;__;).
I don't have the original pages of the first version anymore - they were drawn traditionally and I burned them in my stove due to cyberbullying.


10 - MÆIN


I wouldn't say this is an archived project. In fact, I still hope I can draw it one day, and after ALoFD, it'd be my next priority. I already created it in 2018, paused it, and then continued working on it in 2024. It has a relatively detailed plot and world building. It's a dystopian story, with a more technological flair, which would be really difficult to draw, but I hope one day I can do this. So far, there's only been a few intro pages not worth showing.

Kommentare